As experts in change management, adult learning, and group dynamics, we apply our Design and Facilitation services to a wide array of business problems and objectives. The barrier to greater results for many groups and organizations is that they don’t spend enough time before bringing people together to consider:
- What is the objective for this group?
- Who are the right people to involve in addressing this problem or issue?
- What are the right questions for this group to address?
- What process or tools can help this group have a different conversation and therefore get better results?
Our professionals can help your groups and teams to get more done in a more engaging way by providing proven design concepts and tools for:
- Strategic Planning Sessions
- Leadership Development and Learning
- Management and Supervisory Learning
- Meetings and Events
- Team Building Sessions
- Problem Solving Sessions
- Product Development Meetings
Skilled Facilitators Can Make All the Difference (please click here to open)
There are times when an outside resource can bring clarity, insight, and better results to the work of teams and groups. Outside facilitators are effective in high stakes settings such as strategic planning meetings, problem solving sessions, pilot programs and situations with a history of conflict. Skilled facilitators from Howick Associates are equipped to fill this role for large or small groups, one time or many.
Strategic Planning (please click here to open)
Our approach to strategic planning focuses on engaging key stakeholders (i.e. customers, leaders, employees, vendors, etc.) at critical points in the planning process in an effective and efficient manner. This results in a plan that more accurately reflects the current state of the organization and provides a robust set of strategic options to move the organization towards its desired future. We have had considerable success in involving large numbers of people in the planning process in a very efficient and productive manner.
We also find that in planning, there is often a great distance between stated goals and action. Thus, we spend time with you during the planning to ensure you have the processes, structure and accountabilities in place to not just create a plan but to successfully execute it.
Whole Systems Planning and Visioning (please click here to open)
Traditional planning approaches utilize small teams (typically senior executives) or focus groups to assume responsibility for planning and communicating organizational strategy, vision, or futures. Drawbacks of this method include a lack of insight to all aspects of the organization, and a need to sell the remainder of the organization on what the small groups devise.
For over 18 years, Howick Associates has utilized a unique method by which a whole system is involved in an effort to conduct planning efforts in real time. Derived from ground breaking methodologies known as Future Search® or Real Time Strategic Change®, our expertise in whole systems planning helps organizations create exciting possibilities, alignment, and collaboration for their organizations.
A successful Whole Systems planning or visioning effort involves the largest possible number of people with a stake in a community or organization's future. Although the work is facilitated by on outsider, the work is self-managed by participants, working mostly in small groups of about eight people each. Discovering common ground in one of the primary goals of the process.
During the conference participants complete five tasks:
- A review and analysis of the past.
- The construction of a composite picture of everything that is happening in the present that is external to the system that will have an impact on the future.
- A look at how the system is currently responding to the present external reality, and a look at its current theory of operation.
- The development of one or more future scenarios for the system five to twenty years into the future.
- The construction of action plans for both the short and long term.
This planning method has a wide array of uses and options. Contact us to discuss your goals and how Whole Systems methods can shorten your planning and execution timelines while increasing engagement from all of your stakeholders.
Course Design (please click here to open)
Howick Associates can provide proven training and learning program designs for face-to-face or on-line learning, or we can collaborate with you to create learning specifically for your needs, culture and objectives.
Our learning expertise and designs are driven by these core principles:
- adults learn best by doing, so all of our learning designs include instructor presentation, application activities, discussion, and trial opportunities.
- it can be challenging to engage adult learners, so we incorporate a variety of means to ensure your learners are highly engaged and achieve the behavior or results changes you are seeking.
- people have a variety of different learning styles, and we incorporate different learning features, activities, and methods to ensure that the needs of your learners are met.
When you're ready for change, we're ready to help.
Care to Learn More?
Give us a call at 1-608-284-8416 to request more information or to discuss the best solution for your situation.